Droughtlander is over people and I couldn’t be happier. Drums of Autumn is by far my favorite book of the series because it feels like coming home. You get to see Jamie and Claire live life together on a day to day basis. Diana’s incredible writing allows us to see, hear and smell what life is like on the ground with the Frasers. The books are incredibly out of body and experiential at the same time. By the time you get to Drums of Autumn the relationship between Jamie and Claire is so vivid and familiar it is utter bliss to read the interludes they share. On the other hand you also have the burgeoning relationship of Roger and Bree to balance that out. The “will they or won’t they” game is a delight and bloody stressful at times. Season four will be a so fun to watch as these characters we’ve all known and loved over the past seasons brave the unknowns of a new world. The season four premiere did not disappoint if you are a book reader you knew what was coming at the end of the episode. I kept thinking that Stephen Bonnet was going to pop up at any second and ruin everything, which he eventually did. The anticipation was killing me! I unashamedly admit that I was anxiously clenching my butt throughout the episode. They got us all warm and cozy with good feelings only to strip everything away from us at the last second in typical Outlander fashion but we keep coming back for more! Here are my top moments from episode 401!
- Campsite Delight – “Nothing is lost sassenach only changed.” With the dramas of last season behind them, Jamie and Claire are getting back to the honeymoon phase again. Their dialogue in this campfire scene actually happens later in the books but I really love what they did here. So Effing romantic.
- “Discretion is the better part of valor.” Claire references this Shakespeare quote in the books and I am so happy that it made it into the show! Also how amazing do they look in their season two reminiscent looks here.
- Everything Young Ian does is adorable. Seriously. He’s just so pure even when talking about all the impure things that happened to him. I’m pleasantly surprised by this diversion from the books and Jamie being able to comfort Ian and help divide his grief by sharing his similar experience.
- ROLLO – I mean what else is there to say? This fluffy eared morsel is about the cutest darned thing since Jamie’s naked arse.
- Caitriona’s wordless acting in the last scene – Holy Cow! This scene was so incredibly intense. I was watching with two of my besties and we were all yelling at the screen with an array of gutted emotions….and let it be known that Stephen Bonnet is detestable and it feels really good to hate his guts.
6. Fersali Bun in the Oven – Y’all Germain is on his way!
7. The Fraserversary – Jamie and Claire have been married for 24 years and Jamie gifts Claire a beautiful medicine box. He is just the sweetest! I felt happy and sad for them at this moment, that only 4 of their 24 years married had they been able to be together. On the bright side (minus the whole Stephen Bonnet thing) they have their whole lives ahead of them now to be together! Just take me to the ridge already!!!!!
What were your favorite moments from Episode 401? What moments are you hoping with all your heart make it into this season? What were you most surprised by from this episode? Tell me all your feelings!